Sunday 5 July 2009

Handm@de Winchester

I have had a lovely, inspiring, sunshiney day in Winchester today.

I went to visit Handm@de Winchester for the first time and loved what I found there. The craft fair had a great variety of products all of a very high standard and all handmade by the exhibitors.

I met some really friendly designer/makers there and was particularly pleased to meet the people behind some of my favourite blogs:
I met fellow blogger and textile designer/maker Monda-Loves who was just lovely. It was great to see her beautiful products that I had been reading so much about.
I had a lovely chat with fellow Folksy seller Fabric Nation who had some great products, was very encouraging and admired my handmade bag that I had with me!
Having limited myself to just one purchase (in order to avoid being tempted to come home with one of everything!) I bought a really cute and beautifully made bird brooch from fellow NOTHS sellers meninafeliz. Bebe and Anne-Marie were very friendly, full of advice and offered me support in my future venture into craft fair selling should I need it.

Thank you to everyone I met today, I came home in a very happy crafty mood. I hope our designer/maker paths cross again in the near future.

4 comments:

Fabric Nation said...

Lovely to meet you as well and look forward to seeing you at future Handmade Fairs.

Fabric Nation said...

Hi, it wasl ovely to meet you too! Good luck with your work, it looks lovely.

Bebe Bradley said...

It was a pleasure to meet you, Claire - I'm sure we'll all bump into each other again! And your work is GORGEOUS :D

Claire Hurd Design said...

Thank you Bebe, love your work too!