Wednesday 12 August 2009

Handmade Boating Greetings Card

Having focused on rather girly cards recently I thought I ought to add a more masculine design in to the mix. With my love of the seaside and taking inspiration from my many photographs taken on a recent trip to St. Ives, Cornwall, the natural choice of motif for me was a boat.


The denim and cotton boat has been appliqued on to a textured cotton base and embellished with fine satin ribbon and a miniature button. The birds have been embroidered by hand and the text is hand-written.

I shall be adding this card to my online shops (NOTHS and Folksy) and as I will be making it to order shall be offering to change the text and personalise the card for free.

If you would like to commission something similar, perhaps in a different colour, then please email me directly at studio@clairehurd.co.uk.

No comments: