Remember back in April when I showed you my attempts at making fabric roses? Well, since then I have been tinkering with them whenever I have had time. Now, with my deadline looming, I am trying to get them just right.
The idea is that they become a small posy for my young bridesmaids to carry at my wedding. They are only little (the youngest will be coming up to 20 months) and it doesn't seem fair to give them fresh flowers to carry and then have them spend the afternoon being told to be careful! I wanted to give them something that they can fiddle with, can hold any which-way and can drop without doing any harm. They can also have them afterwards as a little keepsake.
I have now added a stem and additional leaves to my rose. The fabric I went for in the end is a raw silk and I have added tiny beads to the rose centre for a little bit of sparkle.
I shall share pictures with you again when I have completed the posies - this could take some time! Cx