Wednesday 28 April 2010

De-Stashing!

'De-Stashing' - I love that term! I had not come across it until I got engrossed in the world of crafty bloggers. It always makes me smile to read it. It seems all of us arty crafty folk are the same; hoarding fabrics and papers, trims and ribbons, anything in fact! More than we will ever need but materials we cannot bear to be parted with. Every now and then comes a 'de-stash' moment when you realise that if you ever want to buy more gorgeous materials you are really going to have to use up some of what you already have.



Okay, so this is going to make very little impact on the space I have available on my fabric shelves, but I have been hoarding this wool felt since University! It was a small pack of wool felt samples just 3" by 4". I love the quality which is why I have kept them all these years. Today I finally decided to use them up and I have been making floral brooches with hand-embroidered detail. It has been good fun and I still have a little of the felt left so I shall be making a few more soon.

2 comments:

Hilary said...

they're lovely :o)keep up the destashing!

Scented Sweetpeas said...

They are really lovely , well done for de-stashing :-)