Monday 23 June 2008

Embroidered Artworks - In The Garden


Today's post shows examples of some of my garden inspired designs. The Pea design above is appliqué with hand-guided machine embroidery and delicate fabric textures. I really like the soft tones of this design and the delicate pea-flower shapes.


This leafy trail design uses the idea of positive and negative. It is effectively two layers of fabric; the leaves have been cut out of the green fabric exposing the cream below and then applied to the cream fabric base opposite. I like the contrast effect of this design and the lovely green wool fabric from China, it is a really fesh colour without being too bright.


I have posted a detail of this design to demonstrate the effect of freehand embroidery on the sewing machine. This is a technique I intend to use more in the future as I really like the fine lines and the hand-drawn/sketchy effect achieved.

No comments: