Monday 30 June 2008

Appliqué Artworks - Garden Vegetables


More garden designs today, this time with more emphasis on vegetables and using a brighter colour palette. The details above have been taken from a larger appliqué artwork created using appliqué, freehand machine embroidery and ribbon detail.

I particularly like this second design, it has more refined detail and I am pleased with the colour balance. The images are quirky and yet precise and the quality of the embroidery has come out well.

I have removed the image of this design from my blog as it has now sold. It was sold to an Italian company so chances are I shall not see this one in production in the UK - a real shame as it is one of my favourite designs. I shall keep my eyes peeled for it anyway and shall post images of the final product should I find some.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the appliqued vegetables. They are so cute! I am pleased to see that you have sold one of these designs.